Join the Habitat Team
Join us in building a world where everyone has a decent place to live. Habitat for Humanity of Dane County and the Habitat ReStores are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers committed to a diverse workplace. Under our affirmative action plan we encourage people of color, women and individuals with disabilities to apply.
Donations Processing Associate
The Donations Processing Associate is responsible for assisting the manager and Assistant Manager in the day-to-day operations and donation coordination of the Habitat ReStore.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as the main point of customer contact for incoming donations:
- Determine if donations are acceptable (communicate donation policies to donors if donation is determined to not be acceptable).
- Assist with unloading of donations.
- Provide receipt to donor if requested.
- Move donations to warehouse for sales prep.
- Assist with warehouse and sales preparation process:
- Inspect donated merchandise to determine of it is in good working condition and take appropriate action per the policy.
- Price items per the manager’s policy and move to sales floor.
- Assist with recycle process.
- Assist with Pick up of donations as needed.
- Operate the forklift, 18-foot box truck and other ReStore equipment.
- Help to maintain the cleanliness and safety of the ReStore, including the warehouse.
- Represent the ReStores at various expos and community events.
- Assist with special events within the ReStores.
- Understand and appreciate the mission of HFH and ReStore.
- Must be proficient and able to successfully use various technical programs for business purposes including but not limited to MSOffice (Word and excel), Outlook, Raiser’s Edge, and company provided smart phones.
- Above-average written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced team environment, including the ability to multi-task.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to work independently.
- Must be able to deal with individuals of all varying skill levels and remain consistent in keeping a professional demeanor.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally with donors, volunteers and customers.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Nights and weekend hours may be required in order to complete assigned tasks.
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record are required.
- Share our organizational values of working hard, valuing teamwork and being accountable, with professionalism and integrity.
- Ability to use computers daily in an interactive manner.
- Ability to sit and stand for an extended period of time.
- Ability to frequently and accurately communicate with employees, customers, and vendors in person, via the telephone or by email.
- Constant walking or motion to coordinate work and interact with co-workers.
- This is a physically demanding position that will regularly be required to lift up to 50 pounds (more on occasion) and will experience frequent bending, squatting, lifting and repetitive motion. This position will occasionally be exposed to extremes in weather (e.g., heat, cold, wind, rain, etc.).
- A minimum of 2 years of related experience required.
- Retail experience preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS
- Valid driver’s license.
- First aid and CPR certificate required (training will be provided by Habitat ReStore if needed).
Habitat for Humanity of Dane County and the Habitat ReStores are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers committed to a diverse workplace. Under our Affirmative Action plan, we encourage people of color, women and individuals with a disability to apply.
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to:
3101 Latham Drive
Madison, WI 53713
3101 Latham Drive
Madison, WI 53713
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.