Make a difference every day
Flexible & virtual opportunities
Robust PTO plan plus 11 holidays
Welcome to Habitat for Humanity of Dane County’s career page! We’re glad you’re here!
At Habitat for Humanity, we embrace a history rooted in creating equity and take our mission seriously by committing to a culture and workplace where all staff feel safe, welcome, respected and valued.
Join us in building a world where everyone has a decent place to live. We’d love to have you on our team!
Habitat for Humanity of Dane County values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply.
Habitat for Humanity of Dane County is an equal opportunity employer. This organization does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
In fact, we start by offering a competitive benefits package including:
- Market competitive salaries with ongoing opportunities for increases and promotions
- Position-based eligibility for flexible hours and virtual office hours
- Free snacks & drinks
- A direct line to Habitat’s CEO where your voice will always be heard
- Heavily subsidized health, dental & vision coverage
- Pre-tax health, dependent care and transportation flexible spending accounts
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement Simple IRA with a company match of 3%
- PTO plan including 11 holidays
- Paid volunteer day
- Free parking
- Good karma – everyday you’ll see the difference you are making in the lives of Dane County families
Get a direct line to our hiring process! Contact Meghann Albert, Program Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 608.255.1549, ext. 111.
AmeriCorps Construction Crew Leader – 2022-23
For one year, you can get paid to build sustainable solutions in a community, gain valuable hands on experience and prepare for your future. This full-time AmeriCorps service position offers a great opportunity to make a real impact in the lives of others while building your own knowledge and skillset. AmeriCorps National members serve the community in direct service and capacity building activities.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with all aspects of hands-on construction tasks including, but not limited to, demolition, site prep, framing, insulation, drywall, flooring, roofing, finish carpentry and landscaping.
- Projects may include new construction, rehabilitation, critical home repair and weatherization projects.
- Lead small groups of volunteers and facilitate safe and positive experiences for everyone working on site.
BENEFITS of AMERICORPS SERVICE
- Living allowance $16,300 for approximately 10 ½ months of service.
- Segal Education Award of $6,345, upon successful completion of service.
- Health care benefits and enrollment in Employee Assistance Plan.
- Personal and medical leave — approximately 10 days total.
- Possible forbearance or deferment of qualified student loans.
- Child care benefits, if you qualify.
- Worker’s compensation insurance.
Applicants must be a U.S. citizen, national or lawful permanent resident at least 18 or older and have a high school diploma or GED.
- Knowledge of, and willingness to promote, the mission and activities of Habitat for Humanity International and AmeriCorps.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people.
- Experience working with volunteers, teaching or group facilitation.
- Basic experience with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word and Excel.
- Experience working as a member of a team.
Apply online or contact email@example.com.