Habitat for Humanity of Dane County and Habitat ReStore are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers committed to a diverse workplace. Under our Affirmative Action Plan we encourage people of color, women and individuals with a disability to apply.
If interested in applying for any of our positions, please fill out this Self Identification Form .
Construction Volunteer Services Manager
The Volunteer Services Manager is a member of the construction staff and is responsible for managing construction volunteer services.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
A. Management of Construction Volunteer Services
- Communicate with ongoing and potential individuals and groups who are interested in volunteering with Habitat for Humanity. Explain our volunteer opportunities, evaluate them for their support potential in collaboration with development, engage and steward them
- Develop and distribute volunteer schedules to ensure coverage needs are met
- Recruit volunteers as needed
- Communicate with volunteers regularly
- On-board and train new volunteers
- Assist with maintaining volunteer database
- Implement processes and procedures developed to enhance volunteer efficiency and safety
- Assist with planning and implementing volunteer events
- Attend departmental meetings as required
- Provide on-site supervison to assure hosting and registration functions are performed well, all ancillary items such as toilet paper, plates, coffee, silverware, etc are readily available and replenished, coffee is made, and assistance provided to any food providers with set-up and clean-up
B. Outreach Activities
- Conduct speaking engagements on behalf of Habitat for Humanity of Dane County as requested/needed
- Represent the Habitat at various fairs, tradeshows, and community events
- Understand and appreciate the mission of Habitat for Humanity
- Must be proficient and able to successfully use various technical programs for business purposes including but not limited to MSOffice (Word and Excel), Outlook, Raiser’s Edge, and company provided smart phones
- Above-average written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced team environment, including the ability to multi-task
- Must be detail-oriented and able to work independently
- Must be able to deal with individuals of varying skill levels and remain consistent in keeping a professional demeanor
- Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally with donors, volunteers and customers.
- Occasional travel may be required
- Nights and weekend hours may be required in order to complete assigned tasks
- Ability to use computers daily in an interactive manner
- Ability to sit and stand for an extended periods of time
- Ability to frequently and accurately communicate with employees, customers, and vendors in person, via the telephone or by email
- Constant walking or motion to coordinate work and interact with co-workers
- Regularly required to lift up to 50 pounds (more on occasion) and will experience frequent bending, squatting, lifting and repetitive motion. This position will occasionally be exposed to extremes in weather (e.g., heat, cold, wind, rain, etc.)
- A minimum of 2 years of related experience required
- Volunteer engagement experience preferred
- BA or BS preferred; or equivalent work experience
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS
- Valid driver’s license required
- First aid and CPR certificate required (training will be provided by Habitat ReStore if needed)
To apply send your resume and cover letter to Adam Helt-Baldwin at 3101 Latham Drive, Madison, WI 53713 or apply online.
Habitat for Humanity of Dane County and Habitat ReStore are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers committed to a diverse workplace. Under our Affirmative Action Plan we encourage people of color, women and individuals with a disability to apply.