Thrivent Builds is a financial, volunteer and advocacy partnership between Thrivent Financial for Lutherans® and Habitat for Humanity® International. Thrivent Financial will sponsor the construction of hundreds of Habitat homes annually and seek to engage thousands of volunteers in Habitat home-building projects. Fifty five percent of the funding for each Thrivent Builds home will come from Thrivent Financial with 45 percent of the remaining funding coming from the continuing fund-raising efforts of local Thrivent chapters and Habitat for Humanity affiliates.
Thrivent Builds just completed two homes in partnership with Habitat for Humanity of Dane County in 2012: The Maerz family home at 317 S. Academy Street in Stoughton, and for the Gomez Family in our Northport Commons neighborhood in Madison. In 2013, Thrivent Builds will partner to build a home in Fitchburg in the Renaissance in the Park neighborhood.
Thrivent Builds homes are built like any Habitat for Humanity home but with a greater focus on assistance from local Thrivent Financial members and Lutheran congregations. Those groups and other volunteers from the community will come together to build simple, decent homes. The homes are then sold to partner families at no profit. In addition to a down payment and the monthly mortgage payments, homeowners invest hundreds of hours of their own labor into helping build their home and the homes of others.
We need your help to build it! You can help by:
- Assisting with publicity.
- Coordinating events with interested people.
- Donations (monetary or gifts-in-kind of services and materials).
- Spreading the word to friends and family.
- Organizing or participating in fund-raisers. Here are some ideas from Thrivent Builds!
- Recruiting (helping recruit or share information with interested people).
- Advocacy within your community.