To apply for a Habitat home, a prospective homeowner must meet these requirements:
* Must attend an Informational Meeting to obtain an application; meetings are held three to four times a year generally in January, April, July and October: 2015 Informational Meetings.
* Payment of a $30 non-refundable application fee when the application is submitted. (There is no cost to attend the informational meetings).
* A household or family income no higher than 60% of the Dane County median income. (See chart below.)
* Ability to pay a $500 down payment on mortgage if selected for the program.
* U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident Alien Status. Applicants must also reside in Dane County for 12 months prior to applying to the program.
* Three years positive and verifiable housing history
* Good credit
A criminal background check is completed on all adult family members who will reside in the home.
|Household Size||Total Yearly Income**|
* Income levels are set annually by US Department of Housing & Urban Development.
** A minimum income of $25,000 is required by Habitat for Humanity of Dane County.
To have your name added to list of people we will contact prior to Habitat’s quarterly informational meetings, please call 608-255-1549, ext. 101.